Based – from home, UK-wide
Salary – £65,000+
Benefits – company pension, 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, flexible working culture
Following another year of incredible growth, thevaluecircle is on the lookout for more talent for our fast-growing team. We’re seeking experienced senior consultants with a background in change and transformation, governance, or strategy to join our dynamic specialist management consultancy.
We believe there is a better way to do consultancy. One that serves the needs of clients first. An approach which is truly bespoke and responsive. We apply our depth and breadth of expertise to help make organisations run better for the benefit of people – their people, the people they serve, and our people too.
We work primarily in healthcare, higher education, local government, and financial services so we’re particularly interested in people with experience in these sectors.
We don’t do things the traditional way, so you’ll find a flexible environment and an enthusiastic team all wanting to deliver the very best for our clients. We’ve worked remotely since 2017 and there’s no 9-5, just a focus on outcomes and delivery. You’ll be based from home, with a regular team day at our office on the beautiful Nostell Estate just outside of Wakefield, reached easily by motorway or train. Expect to be out and spending some time with clients too.
Our values are what drive us:
- Service – everything we do is in service of the needs of our clients, our people, our partners, and our network. What’s best for them is best for us. That’s why we’re thevaluecircle
- Customised – there is no off-the-shelf product or programme we want to sell. We offer a genuinely tailored and responsive service, delivered by the right experts for the job. We are value creators
- Applicability – we’re about the practical stuff that makes the change, not the theory behind it. We leave clients with the skills and tools they need, not weighty reports. We are change makers
- Striving – there is no going through the motions. We always give our best, with a momentum and agility that matches the client needs. We like the hard stuff. We pull it apart and put it back together again. We are code breakers
So, if you have a track record of delivery, a can-do attitude, and a thirst for more, get in touch by emailing Katie Allen with a short covering letter and your CV/LinkedIn profile.
Reporting to the Partner and Principal/Director team, you will have responsibility for:
- Managing client projects, structuring the work schedule, and driving each assignment to a successful conclusion.
- Producing clear, persuasive, and concise documents for senior audiences.
- Planning and managing the delivery of quality work.
- Directing the analysis, assessing the depth required on each assignment, translating the analysis into useful findings, and quality assuring the results in conjunction with project leadership.
- Defining the source and level of data gathering required to solve complex problems in a short timeframe.
- Managing the development of junior team members on projects and identifying opportunities for them to grow and build their skills.
- Building productive and lasting client relationships at all levels.
- Building relationships within thevaluecircle’s network at all levels.
- We are seeking experienced strategy, governance advisory, change management, and leadership professionals with a clear record of achievement and progression.
- You must be intellectually curious, with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- As a Principal Consultant, you must feel comfortable working with large amounts of quantitative data – taking a structured, hypothesis-driven approach.
- You’ll have strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage consulting teams and assignments.
- We’re looking for people with business strategy, change management, leadership, or governance advisory experience with government or public sector clients. We’ll expect you to demonstrate functional expertise across a range of topics – with a focus on one or more of:
- business/organisation strategy
- growth strategy
- digital strategy
- operational improvement
- change management
- governance advisory
- You’ll be a thought leader in strategy and governance processes/practices; viewed by clients as an expert who they turn to for help and advice on their most difficult issues.
We also expect you to have:
- An exemplary track record in providing client satisfaction.
- Empathy, humility and dedication to joint success and shared development as part of your commitment to your team
- Exceptional analytical skills with documented experience of the ability to solve unstructured problems involving large amounts of quantitative data with a structured and hypothesis-driven approach.
- The ability to manage senior relationships (director level and above).
- Experience in a relevant organisation – the NHS, another consultancy, pharmaceutical company, or a local authority, for example.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with peers, stakeholders, and clients at all levels.
- A degree.
- Strong numeracy and self-motivation skills.